“The Buyer” shall mean the person, firm or company with whom the contract is made.
“The Goods” shall mean any goods being the subject of any order by the Buyer whether or not on a SockJems Creations standard order form and agreed to be sold by SockJems Creations to the Buyer. Any order the buyer makes for goods from SockJems Creations is deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions and no variation or modification of or substitution for these terms and conditions shall be binding on SockJems Creations and any other proposed terms and conditions shall be void unless specifically accepted by the director of SockJems Creations in writing.
Terms and conditions
- If you access www.SockJems.co.uk or www.facebook.com/SockJems websites then you are agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions, their validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English Law. This page is brought to you by Jemma Jones trading as SockJems Creations, whose registration address is:
2 Pennell Street,
Stoke On Trent,
Telephone number: 07557408659
[email protected] -Jemma Jones is a sole trader trading as SockJems Creations who has been established from 7th January 2013.
- The content of these pages are directed solely at those who access the site from the United Kingdom. SockJems Creations makes no representation that any services or goods referred to on these sites are available or otherwise suitable for outside of the United Kingdom.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove products or information without notice.
- All offers are made subject to availability and quotes are only valid for 30 days.
- We reserve the right to change prices without notice. All orders and quotes made prior to the changes will not be affected.
- Our sites from time to time contain links to other sites and suppliers which are not under the control of SockJems Creations and we therefore take no responsibility for the content or availability of these sites.
- Access to our websites may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time without warning.
- SockJems Creations shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in this website, except to the extent stated in the terms and conditions of sale (where applicable) and to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- SockJems Creations makes every effort to faithfully illustrate measurements and colours but reproduction on-screen may vary from the actual product.
- SockJems Creations has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and currency of all information and products contained in the above website, but can accept no responsibility for any loss or inconvenience sustained by the buyer as a result of acting on the information provided. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, and subject to the terms and conditions of sale, SockJems Creations disclaims all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained in the above website.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
All custom order designs are the property of SockJems Creations and may only be made through SockJems Creations.
Custom order designs may be incorporated into the main range of SockJems Creations.
Custom orders may be photographed and used for the marketing or promoting of SockJems Creations.
Due to the handmade nature of some of our products, there may be slight variations in each piece of any particular design; for example colour, size and shape of completed items and their components.
Orders and Payment Policy
Custom orders must be authorised and confirmed in writing before they are accepted.Orders must be placed in writing and it must be written in the English language.
Enquires for an order can be made via email to [email protected], via the facebook page www.facebook.com/SockJems or www.facebook.com/frockitup or by letter to the above address.
The buyer must have written consent of the order from SockJems Creations before the Buyer makes payment to ensure that there is space in the order book for the works to be carried out in good time.
Products are made to order but at busy times there is a waiting list. The buyer will be advised of how long this will be at the time you enquire to place an order.
Custom orders will not start until payment has been made in full. Upon payment we will provide a date that the order will be made.
A 50% non refundable deposit is required to book your space if there is a waiting list. The full balance for the item will then be due before any work commences. If payment has not been received in full then no further works will be carried out until the full balance has been paid. After 3 months if the outstanding balance has not been received the order will be cancelled and the buyer loses their deposit.
Payment in full must be made at least one month before the item is required unless otherwise discussed.
Any changes or amendments that the buyer requires after giving consent to the design may incur additional charges.
Once the order has been confirmed by payment please see our returns policy for cancellations.
We accept payments using either PayPal, bank transfer or cheque. The buyer will be advised on how to do this upon requesting an order.
Delivery prices vary depending on the size and weight of the final goods including packaging. The final postage and packing charge will be included in the quote
Postal prices are subject to change without prior notice to reflect any price rises made by the Royal Mail or private couriers used. This will not affect confirmed orders or quotes.
Any postal charges quoted are for UK postage only. We will only post outside of the UK with prior agreement and a separate charge will apply.
Delivery of the goods shall take place at the buyer's premises or at such other location as the buyer shall have previously notified SockJems Creations in writing.
Despatch of orders is usually within 3 working days of completion of an order.
SockJems Creations does everything it can to ensure that the buyer is completely satisfied and that the goods arrive to you in the same condition as they are sent. However, some things are beyond our control and SockJems Creations shall not be liable to the buyer if the delay or failure was due to:
Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident,
Strikes or other industrial actions or trade disputes,
Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
If for any reason the buyer is dissatisfied with a product from our generic stock range (i.e. excluding custom made/personalised products) purchased from SockJems Creations, under the distance selling regulations the buyer may cancel their order for a full refund up to 14 days after receipt of the goods.
The buyer must inform SockJems Creations of their decision to cancel/return the order by either post or email.
The goods must be returned to SockJems Creations in the same condition that they were sent at the buyer’s expense within 7 days of reciept.
The buyer will be responsible for any goods that have been damaged in transit when being returned so must ensure that the goods are well packaged to avoid this.
Only when goods are faulty/damaged and returned to us are we able to either offer a full refund or send a replacement product.
If a fault is found with the goods that is the responsibility of SockJems Creations then SockJems Creations will arrange for the faulty goods to be collected and the goods will be replaced at cost to SockJems Creations or a full refund will be offered for generic items.
Custom ordered and personalised items are not eligable for a refund but a replacement product will be sent to replace any damaged items. If the fault on the goods is found to be because the buyer has confirmed a design or entered information incorrectly with the fault being evident then SockJems Creations will not be liable for any cost to replace the product or to have the goods returned.
Any refunds can only be made back to the same payment method that has been used to purchase the goods. We are unable to refund money into another name or account.
We regret that we are unable to offer refunds on custom orders or personalised items. Custom orders are not covered under the distance selling regulations so therefore do not have a cooling off period once payment has been made.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act).
We may email the Buyer in the future, unless the Buyer requests to be taken off the database.
The personal information we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
It is not our policy to share your registration data with any third-party companies. However, if the buyer takes up any offers or sales with companies through our website, any details that the Buyer passes on will be subject to the terms and conditions of that company.